Hi everyone! Kasey from All Things Mamma here! I’m back this month with another yummy recipe that you’re sure to love! Last month I shared my recipe for The Very Best (And Healthiest) Cinnamon Sugar Breakfast Muffins that our family loves! This month I’m sharing another favorite muffin recipe that isn’t quite as healthy but IS one I know you will love. Sometimes you have to add a little white flour because it simply makes life better. At least when it comes to baked goods! haha!
These Glazed Pumpkin Muffins are easy to make, don’t require a mixer, and have great flavor!
Just grab a couple of mixing bowls, mix your dry ingredients in one, wet ingredients in the other and then combine. It even helps to NOT mix them too much by hand. If you over-mix, your muffins will come out too dense and hard. That’s not a good thing.
You could eat the muffins just like this – right out of the oven and slathered with a little butter. But, if you want to kick them up a notch, whip up a simple powdered sugar glaze to drizzle over the top. My kids LOVE them this way. It almost turns them into a cupcakes and who doesn’t love a cupcake? I know my kids certainly do.
Either way – they’re going to be delicious. Bake up a little Fall goodness today with these Glazed Pumpkin Muffins. I promise your family will thank you!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbs pumpkin spice
- I cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbs milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium sized bowl, sift together the flour, salt, sugar, pumpkin spice and baking soda.
- Mix the pumpkin, melted butter, eggs and oil together.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, until just incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Spoon mixture into a prepared muffin tin. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin. If it comes out clean, it's done.
- Cool on a rack before glazing
- Mix powdered sugar and milk together - whisking until smooth
- Can add more milk if needed to get the consistency you'd like to drizzle on muffins